The mission of MSCA is to promote quality in professional school counseling. The organization of MSCA shall be guided by the strategic planning process.
The mission of MSCA shall be:
A. To promote effective and relevant comprehensive guidance programs responsive to the academic, personal /social, and career development needs of Missouri youth by:
1. Encouraging the development of creative guidance programs and activities;
2. Maintaining and improving professional standards in the field of guidance;
3. Providing opportunities for counselors to be aware of legislation, services and research that affect the youth of Missouri.
B. To promote guidance on the local, state, and national levels by:
1. Uniting professional persons engaged in school guidance work in one organization;
2. Disseminating information and focusing public attention on legislation in any way affecting the status of guidance work as a professional endeavor;
3. Encouraging cooperation with other professional organizations that have similar aims and interests.